David D. Brannon is a partner at the Brannon Law firm and focuses his practice in the areas of Probate, Trusts and Estate Planning. David has a unique skill set that involves the litigation of disputes between parties concerning trusts, life insurance, IRAs, 401(k)s, pensions, financial accounts, estate assets, powers of attorney, and other disputes involving fiduciaries, heirs, beneficiaries, and creditors. David has successfully handled numerous cases involving these types of disputes, including a matter involving “intended beneficiaries” before the Ohio Supreme Court. David’s results include recoveries in excess of a million dollars for his clients.
David has also taken his litigation experience and developed comprehensive estate plans to prevent future problems for clients. With proper planning, clients may avoid expensive mistakes, leaving more assets for loved ones. David has the experience in protecting assets, business succession planning, estate planning, long term care, and Medicaid planning. He is familiar with the legal tools to protect clients and their goals, and provides client-appropriate solutions for preserving assets and avoiding probate.
David is a graduate from Miami University (2002) and the University Of Dayton School Of Law (2005). While obtaining a Juris Doctorate, David served on the law school’s Law Review as a staff writer and editor. After graduating, David joined The Brannon Law Firm with his father and brother where he has worked for over 8 years practicing law. During this time David has become known throughout the community as an expert in the area of probate, trust, estate litigation and has spoken at continuing legal education seminars on this subject.
David is licensed to practice law in the following courts and agencies:
- State of Ohio (2005);
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio (2005);
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit (2009);
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Ohio (2010);
- Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) accredited to prepare, present, and prosecute claims (2013);
- Ohio Dept. of Insurance Accident & Health and Life Major Lines of Insurance (2013).
Community Involvement and Affiliations:
- Ohio Bar Association, Member (2006-present);
- Dayton Bar Association, Member (2006-present);
- University of Dayton School of Law Alumni Association, Trustee (2007-present);
- Delta Chi Alumni Board of Trustees and Housing Corporation, Legal Advisor (2011-present);
- Co-chair of the Dayton Bar Association Estate Planning, Trust, and Probate Comm. (2013-present).