Matthew C. Schultz grew up in Sidney, Ohio. In 1998, he graduated from Wright State University with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and English. Matthew then enrolled at the University of Dayton School of Law and graduated with a Juris Doctor degree in 2002. Matthew has been working for The Brannon Law Firm ever since. In his spare time, Matthew enjoys reading and cooking.
Matthew is licensed to practice law in the following courts and jurisdictions:
- State of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court of the Southern District of Ohio
- Ohio Bar Association (2006)
- Dayton Bar Association (2006)
- Appellate Practice Division of the Dayton Bar Association
- Burgess v. Fischer, 735 F.3d 462 (6th Cir. 2013);
- Campbell v. City of Springboro, Ohio, 700 F.3d 779 (6th Cir. 2013);
- Campbell v. PMI Food Equip. Group, Inc., 509 F.3d 776 (6th Cir. 2007)
- Labensky v. Cornwell, 763 F. Supp. 2d 921, 2010 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 143329 (S.D. Ohio 2010);
- Gillman v. Schlagetter, 777 F. Supp. 2d 1084, 2010 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 89163 (S.D. Ohio 2010);
- Waymire v. Leonard, 724 F. Supp 2d 875, 2010 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 81499 (S.D. Ohio 2010);
- Cavins v. S&B Health Care, Inc., — Ohio App.3d —, 2015-Ohio-4119, 39 N.E.3d 1287 (2d Dist.)
- Cummins v. Vill. of Minster, Ohio, — Ohio App.3d —, 2015-Ohio-4129, 43 N.E.3d 902 (3rd Dist.)
- State v. Drumm, — Ohio App.3d —, 2015-Ohio-2176, 36 N.E.3d 769 (2d Dist.)
- Antoon v. Cleveland Clinic Found., — Ohio St.3d —, 2016-Ohio-7432, — N.E.3d —.
- Blair v. Bd. of Trs. of Sugarcreek Twp., 132 Ohio St.3d 151, 2012-Ohio-2165, 970 N.E.2d 884; and
- State ex rel. Byers v. Miami County Sheriff’s Office, 133 Ohio St. 3d 78, 2012-Ohio-3916, 975 N.E.2d 996.
- City of Trotwood v. South Central Constr., LLC, 192 Ohio App.3d 69, 2011-Ohio-237, 947 N.E.2d 1291 (2nd Dist.);
- State ex rel. Byers v. Miami County Sheriff’s Office, 133 Ohio St. 3d 78, 2012-Ohio-3916, 975 N.E.2d 996;
- Paxson v. City of Dayton, 183 Ohio App.3d 89, 2009-Ohio-3306, 915 N.E.2d 733 (2nd Dist.);
- Dice v. White Family Cos., 173 Ohio App.3d 472, 2007-Ohio-5755, 878 N.E.2d 1105 (2nd Dist.);
- Hoskins v. Simones, 173 Ohio App.3d 186, 2007-Ohio-4084, 877 N.E.2d 1008 (2nd Dist.)
- State v. Gaines, 193 Ohio App.3d 260, 2011-Ohio-1475, 951 N.E.2d 814 (12th Dist.).